As spring arrives, many allergy sufferers will take refuge inside their home from the tree and plant pollen that can make life miserable. While the pollen levels are lower indoors, overall air quality can actually be much lower indoors. The reason is our home's are tightly sealed, trapping allergens like dust, pet dander, mold, cooking fumes and household chemicals. Dirty air ducts and furnace filters can make matters even worse.
Here are a few steps you can take to create an allergen-free living space:
- Have your carpets and window coverings professionally cleaned.
- Inspect your air ducts for excessive dirt and have them cleaned if needed.
- Replace your furnace air filter at least once a month.
- Keep windows closed during the day when pollen levels tend to be highest.
- If your home is prone to high humidity levels during the summer, consider installing a dehumidifier.
The Benefits of a Carrier Whole House Air Cleaner
Carrier high efficiency air cleaners work with your heating and cooling system, employing a sophisticated media filter to capture and remove dust, pet dander, mold spores, dust mites, viruses, pollen, bacteria, smoke, odors and more. The key to effective air filtration is the use of a polarized-Media electronic air cleaners. As microscopic sub-micron particles and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) enter the filter, they become polarized. The polarized particles get larger as they join together with other polarized particles and collect on a disposable low-static polarized media pad with an activated charcoal center screen.
This allergy season start enjoying the cleanest air possible, with a whole house air filtration system installed by ABC Southwest Plumbing and Air Conditioning. Call today for an in home consultation.