The Facts About Water Leaks
Because most water leaks around the home are minor and happen slowly over time, we often don’t consider fixing leaking plumbing fixtures a big priority. However, putting off plumbing repairs can come at a price. Consider these facts from the EPA.
- 10 percent of homes have leaks that waste 90 gallons or more each day
- A leaky faucet dripping at the rate of one drip per second can waste more than 3,000 gallons per year
- Minor water leaks account for more than 1 trillion gallons of wasted water each year and is equal to annual water use in 11 million homes.
- A shower leaking at 10 drips per minute wastes more than 500 gallons per year
So what can you do to prevent water waste in the home?
- First, check faucet washers and gaskets for wear and replace them as needed.
- If toilets are leaking, have them repaired.
- If you’re replacing an old toilet, water heater or other plumbing appliance or fixture, choose a model with a WaterSense rating.
Need help repairing leaks around your home? Give ABC Southwest a call, we can help with all your home plumbing needs.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Great service call. Super attitude and just plain nice guy.”– Google Review
“I recently scheduled an air conditioning tune-up for a very reasonable price with ABC Southwest Plumbing & A/C. I also…”– Google Review
“ABC Plumbing were very nice and Jonathan cared about my feelings. I would recommend them to ALL my friends. I…”– Facebook Review
“ABC Plumbing & A/C is a company I would keep for all time. Had an emergency at night, and they…”– Facebook Review