Preventing Drain Problems During the Holidays
Family gathering and lots of cooking can put a lot of demands on your home’s plumbing system. Unfortunately, if you have been having sewer or drain problems, the holidays are the most common time when serious clogs and backups will occur. Here are some tips to prevent drain problems during the holidays.
1. Have your sewer and drain lines inspected. An ounce of inspection is worth a pound of clogged drain debris. A video sewer and drain line inspection will give you the peas of mind that your sewer and drain lines are in top condition and ready to deal with the extra demands of holiday guests this season.
2. Don’t put grease down the drain. What do you do with all that oil from the deep fryer are cooking your turkey this year? Never pour the grease down the kitchen drain or even a floor drain. Instead, put it in a sealed container and freeze it. Then put it in the trash can.
3. Put coffee grinds in the garbage. Coffee grounds should not go in the disposal or down the drain.
4. Use strainers in drains. Make sure your kitchen and bath drains have a grate or screen to prevent debris from entering the drain pipe.
5. Rinse the drains regularly with hot water. This will help prevent oil and grease from accumulating.
6. Use safe drain products. If your drains are prone to clogging, consider a safe, environmentally friendly option for keeping your plumbing system working smoothly. Bio-Clean is a safe blend of bacteria and enzymes. The friendly bacteria actually eat away the build up, leaving behind only water, carbon dioxide and mineral ash. The bacteria continue to multiply, thriving on their natural food source . . . that gunky build up in your pipes and drains, completely cleaning your home’s entire plumbing system.
Have a clogged drain?
First, try physically clearing the drain with a plunger. We recommend avoiding the use of chemical drain cleaning products. They can be hazardous to use and store in the home. If all else fails, call ABC Southwest Plumbing & Air Conditioning. We can help fix your plumbing problems, so you can keep your holiday guests happy.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Great service call. Super attitude and just plain nice guy.”– Google Review
“I recently scheduled an air conditioning tune-up for a very reasonable price with ABC Southwest Plumbing & A/C. I also…”– Google Review
“ABC Plumbing were very nice and Jonathan cared about my feelings. I would recommend them to ALL my friends. I…”– Facebook Review
“ABC Plumbing & A/C is a company I would keep for all time. Had an emergency at night, and they…”– Facebook Review