Annual Cooling Season Checklist
Whether you cool your home with a central air conditioner, a geothermal heat pump, or a ductless cooling system, regular maintenance is important for preventing unexpected breakdowns during the hottest, most humid days of the summer. A professional AC tune-up will extend the life of your cooling system and ensure that your air conditioner operates at peak efficiency, keeping your utility bill as low as possible.
Along with an annual air conditioner tune-up, there are some other steps you can take to keep your home cool and comfortable this season, including:
- Change your air filter at least once a month. Clean filters enable your air conditioner to operate more efficiently, causing less wear and tear on moving parts. It will also keep the air in your home cleaner.
- Inspect your air ducts to ensure there are no gaps or leaks. If the ducts look excessively dirty, schedule a professional duct cleaning.
- Replace or install weather stripping around doors, windows and baseboards. Cracked or worn weather stripping allows cool air to escape.
- Manage the temperature with a programmable thermostat. Keep the temperature cool at night and warmer during the day when you’re away from home.
- Block direct sunlight with drapes and window shades.
- Use ceiling fans to help circulate cool air throughout the house.
- Plan hot work for cooler morning and evening hours. Basic household functions such as washing, drying and ironing clothes, baking and cooking all make it harder for the cooling system to do its job.
If your air conditioner is not effectively cooling all areas of your home, or you notice unusual noise coming from your air conditioner, call ABC Southwest Plumbing & Air Conditioning, our experienced technicians can help diagnose the problem and repair your cooling system so it provides reliable cooling through the warm months to come.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Great service call. Super attitude and just plain nice guy.”– Google Review
“I recently scheduled an air conditioning tune-up for a very reasonable price with ABC Southwest Plumbing & A/C. I also…”– Google Review
“ABC Plumbing were very nice and Jonathan cared about my feelings. I would recommend them to ALL my friends. I…”– Facebook Review
“ABC Plumbing & A/C is a company I would keep for all time. Had an emergency at night, and they…”– Facebook Review