HVAC Thermostat Installation & Replacement in Sarasota, FL
The thermostat in your Florida home is the brain behind your heating and cooling equipment. It lets you set the desired temperature and then signals the HVAC system to turn on and off at the right times. If you still have a manual thermostat, consider installing a programmable or Wi-Fi model today!
If you’re interested in upgrading your thermostat, please call ABC Southwest Plumbing & Air Conditioning at 941-225-2182 to learn more, get a quote, or schedule your installation service today!
How Does a Programmable Thermostat Work?
Setting up a new programmable thermostat is easy—simply program the temperatures you want based on when you’re at home in the morning, away during the day, at home in the evening, and sleeping at night. The thermostat takes care of the rest, so you can set it and forget it!
Before you purchase a programmable thermostat, it’s important to understand the three basic programming functions available:
- 7-day model: This is the most flexible option. Seven-day programming allows you to set different schedules for every day of the week, making it ideal if you have a varying schedule from day to day.
- 5-1-1 model: With this option, you can program the same schedule for every weekday plus different settings for Saturday and Sunday.
- 5-2 model: If you have a very predictable schedule, this model may work best. It allows for one setting on weekdays and another on the weekend.
Intrigued? Give us a call at 941-225-2182 for help choosing the right programmable thermostat for your Sarasota-area home.
Wi-Fi & Smart Thermostats
The latest generation of programmable thermostats taps into the power of your Wi-Fi to give you full control over your home’s temperature from your smartphone—no matter where you are. Coming home from a business trip? Make sure the house is comfortable when you arrive. Wake up feeling overheated? Turn up the air conditioning without getting out of bed.
Wi-Fi thermostats, such as Nest products, provide the epitome of comfort, convenience, and energy savings, but your home needs specific wiring to make this upgrade feasible.
Contact ABC Southwest to find out if your home is compatible with Wi-Fi thermostat technology.
Benefits of a Programmable Thermostat for Sarasota Homes
This versatile device is simple, inexpensive, and easy to install, yet it can make a world of difference in the way you cool your Florida home. Here are the benefits that await you:
- Conservation: With a programmable thermostat, there’s no need to air condition your empty house while you’re at work all day. Pre-programmed settings automatically raise the temperature around the time you leave.
- Convenience: It’s possible to turn up a manual thermostat, but you run the risk of forgetting to change the setting every morning before you leave. A programmable thermostat eliminates this risk to ensure you never waste energy cooling a vacant home.
- Comfort: The best part is you can program a comfortable temperature to resume in time for you to walk in the door every evening. This way, the temperature is as comfortable as it was when you left that morning, yet you still saved money on air conditioning costs all day long.
- Control: If you still have an analog thermostat, it’s hard to ever tell what the temperature is. Upgrading to an easy-to-read, easy-to-use digital programmable thermostat gives you complete control over your comfort level.
If you’re ready to start saving energy and enjoy greater comfort and convenience in your Florida home, choose ABC Southwest to install your new programmable or Wi-Fi thermostat. Our knowledgeable technicians offer a guaranteed level of service that’s sure to leave you 100% satisfied.
Contact us at 941-225-2182 to learn more or to schedule thermostat installation in Sarasota today.
Thermostat Frequently Asked Questions
Is a smart thermostat worth the money?
A smart thermostat can pay for itself in as little as one heating and cooling season, depending on your climate and energy usage habits. Most smart thermostat manufacturers claim that you’ll regain the cost in about 2 years.
How hard is it to install a smart thermostat?
If you already have the wires you need, installing a smart thermostat should be a simple installation project. If you don’t have enough wires, or your system is only heating, you may need to add more wires or an adapter.
What is a C-wire?
The common wire (or “C-wire”) supplies 24V electricity to your thermostat. WiFi thermostats require more power than simpler thermostats, therefore, most WiFi thermostats require a C-wire.
Which smart thermostats are compatible with Alexa?
Nearly all of the most popular smart thermostats today are now compatible with Amazon’s voice-controlled assistant, Alexa.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Great service call. Super attitude and just plain nice guy.”– Google Review
“I recently scheduled an air conditioning tune-up for a very reasonable price with ABC Southwest Plumbing & A/C. I also…”– Google Review
“ABC Plumbing were very nice and Jonathan cared about my feelings. I would recommend them to ALL my friends. I…”– Facebook Review
“ABC Plumbing & A/C is a company I would keep for all time. Had an emergency at night, and they…”– Facebook Review