While municipal water treatment is able to meet water quality standards, many homeowners are looking for safer, more effective solutions to guard against chlorine-resistant microorganisms like Giardia and Cryptosporidium which can cause serious health problems.
One of the best solutions for removing biological contaminants from drinking water is UV water purification. A UV water purifier exposes water to ultraviolet rays, effectively deactivating harmful viruses, bacteria, molds and pathogenic disease-causing microorganisms.
Here are some of the advantages of UV water treatment.Highly Effective & Reliable
– Kills 99.99% of microorganisms.Fast and Efficient
– Provides instant purification without reducing water flow.Environmentally Friendly
– UV purification requires no chemicals and produces waste byproducts.Low Maintenance
- Only the UV lamp & sleeve need to be replaced annually.Low Energy Use
– UV bulbs use approximately 60 watts of power, roughly equivalent to the average light bulb.No Wasted Water
– Unlike other water treatment methods such as reverse osmosis, which require that the filtering membrane be occasionally flushed with water to maintain effective filtration, UV water filtration doesn't waste a drop of water.FDA Approved
– UV purification is one of only a few methods approved for disinfection by US Food & Drug Administration.
Have questions about UV water purification for your Southwest Florida home? Call ABC Southwest Plumbing and Air Conditioning, we can help.