Water softeners are designed to remove minerals from the water supply that can cause problems with a home's plumbing system. Hard water contains excessive deposits of calcium and magnesium carbonates that can affect the taste of water as well as causing a host of other problems, including:
- Spotting on dishes and cutlery
- Streaking on shower doors
- Reduced effectiveness of laundry detergents and soaps
- Clogged faucets and shower heads
- Clothes that look dull and feel less soft
- Skin that feels drier
Today's home water softeners can solve all these problems economically with little maintenance. Have questions about whether a water softener can help in your home? Give ABC Plumbing and Air Conditioning a call. Our water treatment specialists can analyze your home's water and recommend solutions for softer, better tasting water.