5 Common Toilet Problems
- Overflowing toilet bowl – Just about all of us have experienced the panic that sets in when you flush and the water level starts to rise… and rise. If you suspect the toilet drain is clogged, don’t take chances. Clear the clog before flushing. If the toilet has been flushed and the water level is rising, you can remove the toilet tank cover and press down on the flapper. The flapper seals the hole that allows the water to go into the toilet bowl, stopping the rising water.
- Clogged toilet bowl – If the toilet bowl is filled and you know that it’s clogged, try a toilet plunger. Do not flush if the toilet if the bowl is full. You will only cause the bowl to overflow run all over the floor. Chances are that there it is paper that is obstructing the pipe.
- Flapper valve – If your toilet keeps a running and doesn’t stop, it may be time to replace the flapper valve.
- Water supply valve – Sometimes sand or grit can cause the water supply inside the tank to stay on. So you hear that running noise. Replaceing the valve can solve the problem.
- Not enough flushing power – Newer toilets use a gallon and a half of water. Older toilets used almost twice as much. With so little water available to force the waste down the drain, you often end up flushing more than once. If you have an older toilet with a higher flushing volume, consider keeping it rather than replacing it. By replacing the internal parts you will eliminate the need to buy a newer toilet that may not have sufficient flushing force.
Have toilet problems? Call ABC Southwest Plumbing & Air Conditioning. We’re here to help.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Great service call. Super attitude and just plain nice guy.”– Google Review
“I recently scheduled an air conditioning tune-up for a very reasonable price with ABC Southwest Plumbing & A/C. I also…”– Google Review
“ABC Plumbing were very nice and Jonathan cared about my feelings. I would recommend them to ALL my friends. I…”– Facebook Review
“ABC Plumbing & A/C is a company I would keep for all time. Had an emergency at night, and they…”– Facebook Review