Charlotte, Manatee & Sarasota Counties | Call for Fast, Reliable Service
Call Today! 941-225-2182
Menu
Call Today! 941-225-2182
Contact Us

How Much Water Could You Be Saving In Your Home?

97 percent of the earth’s water is salt water, leaving only 3 percent of the earth’s water fit for human consumption. While water is a renewable resource, the best way to ensure there will be enough fresh water in the future is to start conserving water today.

The average U.S. family uses 127,000 gallons of water each year. One of the best ways to reduce water waste is to use low-flow plumbing fixtures and appliances. For example:

  • A normal faucet will use 4,000 gallons a year when run just 4 minutes a day. A low-flow faucet would reduce that amount by a quarter… a savings of 1,000 gallons of water a year.
  • A washing machine that washes 2 loads a week will use 5,000 gallons a year… while a water saving unit will use 3,000… a savings of 2,000 gallons a year.
  • A shower head that is used 15 minutes a day will use 19,000 gallons of water a year… a low-flow shower head would use just 9,000 gallons a year… a savings of 12,000 gallons per year.
  • The largest source of water use in the home is toilets. If a toilet is flushed 15 times per day it will use 33,000 gallons of water per year. By comparison, a water saving or dual-flush toilet would save over 24,000 gallons of water every year.

The total savings for using low-flow, water efficient fixtures and appliances is 40,000 gallons a year, a 30 percent savings on water bill.

Read What Your
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
  • “Great service call. Super attitude and just plain nice guy.”

    – Google Review
  • “I recently scheduled an air conditioning tune-up for a very reasonable price with ABC Southwest Plumbing & A/C. I also…”

    – Google Review
  • “ABC Plumbing were very nice and Jonathan cared about my feelings. I would recommend them to ALL my friends. I…”

    – Facebook Review
  • “ABC Plumbing & A/C is a company I would keep for all time. Had an emergency at night, and they…”

    – Facebook Review
Read more
Our Promises to You
  • Convenient for You!
    We work on your
    schedule.
  • Background Checks!
    We do drug tests and background checks before hiring.
  • No Need for Stress!
    Get ABC's worry-free guarantee
    at no cost.
  • No Surprises!
    Pricing is by the job, not
    the hour.