6 Items That Should Never Get Flushed Down the Toilet
Many consumer products are labeled as “flushable” while others seem harmless enough, but the reality is many common items can cause a major clog when flushed down the toilet.
- Cigarettes — Cigarettes can not only clog a plumbing system, like prescription medications, they are bad for the environment.
- Cotton Balls, Q-Tips, Paper Towels and Facial Tissue – Unlike toilet paper, these products do not break down readily and should not be flushed down the toilet.
- Disposable Wipes – Wipes of all kinds are popular these days. There are floor wipes, leather wipes, wood wipes, baby wipes, and more. While some may say they are flushable, play it safe. Most are not biodegradable and can clog your toilet.
- Feminine Products – Sure, many manufacturers say they are flushable, but many a clogged toilet has been caused by feminine products.
- Prescription Medications — While they are unlikely to cause plumbing problems, prescription medications can end up in the water supply where they can harm the environment.
- Dental Floss – This stringy material loves to wrap itself up in balls and clog plumbing systems. It’s much safer to just toss it in a waste can.
Have drain problems? Call ABC Southwest Plumbing and Heating we can help.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Great service call. Super attitude and just plain nice guy.”– Google Review
“I recently scheduled an air conditioning tune-up for a very reasonable price with ABC Southwest Plumbing & A/C. I also…”– Google Review
“ABC Plumbing were very nice and Jonathan cared about my feelings. I would recommend them to ALL my friends. I…”– Facebook Review
“ABC Plumbing & A/C is a company I would keep for all time. Had an emergency at night, and they…”– Facebook Review