Annual Plumbing Maintenance Checklist Featured
Many of the plumbing problems we see could have been avoided if homeowners had followed some simple maintenance tasks. Here are some maintenance procedures that are best performed at least once a year to keep your plumbing system working smoothly.
- Repair leaks. That leaking shower head or faucet is more than just an annoyance. It could be costing you lots of money every year on your water bill. Replacing worn out washers is simple and inexpensive.
- Clear out slow drains. Eventually that slow sink, shower or tub drain is going to clog, leading to a major clog that will require professional help to clear.
- Clean faucet aerators and shower heads. If you’re experiencing low water pressure the culprit may be mineral deposits that have built up in the fixture, reducing water flow. Remove aerators and soak them overnight in vinegar to remove mineral build up.
- Have your sewer line inspected. One of the most costly and disruptive plumbing problems a homeowner can experience is a backed up sewer main. A video sewer line inspection will find any potential problems, including breaks, misalign pipes, and tree root intrusion that can lead to sewer line failure.
- Flush your water heater tank. Flushing your water heater tank will prevent rust and sediment from building up at the bottom of the tank where it can reduce heating efficiency and shorten the life of the water heater.
- Fix that flapper. A running toilet can waste a lot of water. Replacing the flapper is inexpensive and simple to do.
Have a tankless water heater? Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning the line filter.
Need help maintaining your plumbing system? Call ABC Southwest Plumbing & Air Conditioning.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Great service call. Super attitude and just plain nice guy.”– Google Review
“I recently scheduled an air conditioning tune-up for a very reasonable price with ABC Southwest Plumbing & A/C. I also…”– Google Review
“ABC Plumbing were very nice and Jonathan cared about my feelings. I would recommend them to ALL my friends. I…”– Facebook Review
“ABC Plumbing & A/C is a company I would keep for all time. Had an emergency at night, and they…”– Facebook Review