The ABC’s of Air Conditioning – Split Systems
What Is a Split System?
A split system simply means a heating and cooling system that has components that are both inside and outside of a home. In most cases, a split system will consist of:
- Gas Furnace – Provides heating white also circulating air year round
- Evaporator coil – The indoor component of the outdoor AC unit
- Air conditioner or Heat Pump – Works with the evaporator coil to cool the home
- Air Ducts ― Distribute the conditioned air throughout your home
- Control or Thermostat ― The brains and interface of the system
- Indoor Air Quality Accessories ― Designed to clean, add or remove humidity, and freshen the air for a healthier indoor environment
Have questions about your home’s cooling system? Call ABC Southwest Plumbing & Air Conditioning, we can help answer all your questions.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Great service call. Super attitude and just plain nice guy.”– Google Review
“I recently scheduled an air conditioning tune-up for a very reasonable price with ABC Southwest Plumbing & A/C. I also…”– Google Review
“ABC Plumbing were very nice and Jonathan cared about my feelings. I would recommend them to ALL my friends. I…”– Facebook Review
“ABC Plumbing & A/C is a company I would keep for all time. Had an emergency at night, and they…”– Facebook Review