Solutions for Uneven Cooling in the Home
It’s not uncommon for homeowners to tell us that their living room is perfectly comfortable while their bedroom is always too warm. If you have noticed that some rooms in your home are too warm while other rooms are comfortable, there are several things to check.
- Ensure that air vents are not blocked by furniture or other objects
- A central cooling system works best if all vents are open and doors are open to allow air to circulate evenly
- Check the air ducts for excessive dirt and debris. If necessary, have the ducts professionally cleaned to restore airflow.
- Your home should be properly insulated to prevent cool air from escaping. Inadequate insulation in your attic is a priary cause uneven cooling problems.
- Install ceiling fans. Many times the solution to uneven cooling is just inadequate air circulation, especially in rooms with high ceilings.
- Air duct leaks. It’s not uncommon for air ducts to have significant gaps and holes that can let air escape. Taping the gaps or having professional duct sealing performed will help the conditioned air reach the farthest reaches of the home more easily.
Have questions about air conditioning? Give ABC Southwest Plumbing & Air Conditioning a call, we’re here to help.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Great service call. Super attitude and just plain nice guy.”– Google Review
“I recently scheduled an air conditioning tune-up for a very reasonable price with ABC Southwest Plumbing & A/C. I also…”– Google Review
“ABC Plumbing were very nice and Jonathan cared about my feelings. I would recommend them to ALL my friends. I…”– Facebook Review
“ABC Plumbing & A/C is a company I would keep for all time. Had an emergency at night, and they…”– Facebook Review